The Florida Permaculture Convergence was formed to create space for collaboration and celebrating the practice of permaculture. Our goal is to encourage beneficial relationships, and extend positive influence to future generations through principles of ecology by design.
These principles are the time-tested expressions of what works in nature.
FPC is maintained and organized by Earth Colaborative, a non for profit organisation whos board of directors is made up of practioners in permaculture who have a passion for bringing this important work to community in Florida:
David Warfel, Michelle Deborah, Terry Meer, Cristy Abbot, , Shanti Pierce, And David Ahlgren
Past Board Members:
Tom Carroll, Tara Lynn Hubbard, Jenny Nazak, Ed Boardman, Wendell Martinkovic, Nancy Dwyer
Community Standards for Conduct:
- Conflict Resolution: it is expected that each member of the event resolves conflict in a peaceful way. Event planners will do their best to provide resources for mediation and nonviolent communication.
- Kids: In the planning of the event we purpose is to fully integrate children as equals in the festivities and learning. We do expect that children that can’t self regulate, be accompanied by an adult until they can.
- Pets: No pets are allowed at the event.
- Safe Space expectations:
- Respectful speech, action, and intention to maintain a space of integration and community.
- Honor consent in all human interactions, without assumption, and aim to create a safe space for all
- Consider and honor consent within the reality of power dynamics, including but not limited to, gender, race, culture, age, position of authority, etc.
- Alcohol and Drugs: This event is a sober space with exception for alcohol use during special activities held within the container of the event such as a mead circle or cordial celebratory toast. Illegal drugs are not permitted within any spaces at the event. Any smoking needs to be at a distance that does not influence others.